Determination of MOSH and MOAH in 30 minutes
The GERSTEL MOSH/MOAH Sample Prep Solution is based on an online-coupled HPLC-GC-FID system using the GERSTEL MultiPurpose Sampler (MPS robotic) for automated sample preparation and introduction. In the initial LC step, mineral oil residue is separated into two fractions: Mineral oil saturated hydrocarbons (MOSH) and mineral oil aromatic hydrocarbons (MOAH). These fractions are subsequently transferred to two separate GC columns for individual GC analysis in a combined dual channel GC analysis.
- Epoxidation to remove interfering natural olefins.
- ALOX cleanup to remove long chain n-paraffins.
The GERSTEL MOSH/MOAH Sample Prep Solution is:
Fast and reliable results based on efficient automation and intuitively operated software.
- Determination of MOSH and MOAH in 30 minutes
- Efficient data processing and reporting of MOSH/MOAH data – even from other analysis systems – using the GERSTEL Enterprise Edition software with MOSH/MOAH plugin.
Flexibly adapts to changing needs
- Method development and -optimization by mouse click
- Integrated control of all method parameters, including LC, in one intuitive user interface
- Unique parallel column set-up provides easy access to all parts of the GC oven for easiest possible maintenance
Flexible adaptation to individual requiremen
- Modular extension of sample preparation steps such as epoxidation or ALOX cleanup
- Simple customization of reports to match individual needs
GERSTEL Enterprise Edition with MOSH/MOAH PlugIn– MOSH/MOAH data processing made easy
The analysis of food, packaging and consumer products for mineral oil hydrocarbon residues (MOSH/MOAH) produces complex chromatograms that must be processed using standardized methods. The GERSTEL Enterprise Edition with MOSH/MOAH PlugIn processes chromatograms batch-wise while meeting standard method requirement independent of the system used to generate the data.