Loop thermal modulator with closed-cycle cooling
The Zoex ZX2 loop modulator eliminates the need for liquid nitrogen to perform thermal modulation. The ZX2 employs a closed cycle refrigerator/heat exchanger to produce -90° cold jet. The ZX2 modulates volatile and semi volatile compounds over the C7+ range. True “set it and forget it” operation for unattended use, no downtimes for cryogen refill and reduced costs of operation. Suitable for busy service analysis situations that demand excellent chromatographic perfomance.
- 2 stage loop modulator
- can modulate 2 loops in 1 Column Holder: two modulators for the price of one
- closed cycle cooling assembly for cold jet. Eliminates LN2
- modulation for C9+
- installs on Agilent 8890 and 7890GC
- secondary oven installed as an option. Can run both columns under same temperature program
- secondary oven can lead or lag the main oven up to 40°C
- no moving parts
- modulation cycle range from 1000ms – 32000ms.
- Easy to install; most users can manage own installation within 2 hours
- can be uninstalled and allow GC to be used for other methods. Not necessary to have dedicated GC
- sharpest known modulation gives sharpest secondary peaks, hence highest possible secondary peak capacity.
- higher sensitivity than non-thermal modulators due to peak focusing
- compatible with MS at ordinary flow rates, unlike non-thermal modulators
- 24/7 unattended operation, no downtimes for cryogen refill.