Loop thermal modulator with liquid nitrogen cooling
The Zoex modulator is most efficient and versatile technology solution, ideal for use in research and environments that demand elevated flexibility to approach a variety of different applications.
The design uses a fused-silica capillary column coiled in a loop and connected at the extremities to the primary and secondary column, respectively.
A cold jet, cooled by a liquid nitrogen bath, traps the analytes eluting from the primary column whereas a pulsing hot jet re-mobilizes them into the loop for a second refocusing, followed by a very quick transfer as a narrow injection band into the second column. The periodic switching between collection and re-mobilization takes place for the entire duration of the chromatographic run.
Main application fields:
Petrochemicals, Aroma compounds, Fragrances and perfumes, Metabolomics, Environmental Forensic
- 2 stage loop modulator
- can modulate 2 loops in 1 Column Holder: two modulators for the price of one
- liquid N2 cooling bath (optional 5, 10 or 20 liters)
- modulation rated for C6+
- installs on Agilent 8890 e 7890 GC
- secondary oven installed as an option
- secondary oven can lead or lag the main oven up to 40°C
- no moving parts
- modulation cycle range from 1000ms – 32000ms
- Easy to install; most users can manage own installation within 2 hours
- can be uninstalled and allow GC to be used for other methods. Not necessary to have dedicated GC
- sharpest known modulation gives sharpest secondary peaks, hence highest possible secondary peak capacity.
- higher sensitivity than non-thermal modulators due to peak focusing
- compatible with MS at ordinary flow rates, unlike non-thermal modulators.