The best modulation controller for GCxGC with thermal modulator on the market
Developed by SRA Instruments, the Optimode is the heart of your two-dimensional chromatography system. It controls the modulation process and optimizes the collection and transfer of analytes from the first column into the second. The Optimode controls the mass flow of the cold jet that ensures the trapping of analytes in the modulation loop. The compounds are periodically desorbed by a pulse of hot gas. For 2D imaging, it is essential to keep this period (modulation) repeatable. The introduction of Optimode version 2 offers new possibilities for the GCxGC :
- better accuracy and repeatability of modulation time
- multi-modulation management: optimization of the modulation time during the analysis
- intuitive web programming interface, no software installation required
- optimode is connected in network (ethernet) like the rest of your GC installation.
The Optimode uses the state of the art in embedded electronics for accurate time control. The first pulse of hot gas is launched within 2 ms of the GC command. The modulation period is repeatable to within 12.5 ns. The mass flow rate is controlled on 8 bits (0.39 % sensitivity), its characteristic response time is less than 1 ms. The clock drift is also very low (one part for 120,000, or 30 ms/h). In addition to these high performances, the Optimode supports multi-modulation: the hot air jet control parameters are modified during the analysis according to a predefined table, to ensure fine optimization of the modulation process to the compounds under analysis.
The Optimode interface is fully integrated: the device hosts an embedded server. This provides the web pages needed to control the settings. Access requires only a network connection and a web browser.
The interface is intuitive, divided into pages each dedicated to a mode of use (simple modulation, multi-modulation, maintenance, etc.). Each page is divided into 3 parts:
- an on-board manual, presenting the interface and the function concerned.
- a real-time display section of the card parameters (hot air jet on or off, mass flow opening, start contact open or closed, time elapsed since the beginning of a cycle, etc.),
- a configuration section, allowing to configure the system.
The Optimode can also be used not connected: with factory settings, or after configuration by Web.