ZEFIRUS is the combination of a Thermogravimetric Analyzer (TGA) with an Infrared Spectrometer (TG-IR)
The combination of a Thermogravimetric Analyzer (TGA) with an Infrared Spectrometer (TG-IR) is the most common type of Evolved Gas Analysis (EGA) in use today. Coupling the TGA to a Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) spectrometer adds considerable utility to the method.
The vapors released from the material pass through a gas cell inserted in the FTIR, where the spectrum is obtained. Spectral searching provides the last link of vapors identification and thanks to the ability to detect functional groups, FTIR analysis allows greater understanding of the processes seen in the TGA.
- Active flow technology: real quantitative analysis with no FTIR signals overlapping;
- Heated gas cell and SilcoSteel® transferlines up to 350 °C;
- Zero gravity cell design: no more fouling or dirtiness phenomena;
- Customized adapter for every TGA model;
- SRA Kinetic software directly controls Agilent Cary 630 FTIR: time resolution analysis and live quantitative data;
- Automatic triggering.