TANDEM PHOTOIONIZATION/HALOGEN SPECIFIC GC DETECTOR
The 5390 Tandem PID/XSD is a patented combination detector incorporating the 4430 Photoionization Detector (PID) and the 5360 Halogen Specific Detector (XSD™).
The two detectors in tandem produce simultaneous chromatograms of halogen and aromatic compounds eliminating the need for two separate analyses. Its unique design eliminates transfer lines and uses only one detector port. Both detectors can also be used independently.
A sample eluting from a capillary GC column is introduced into the PID where the olefins and aromatic compounds are first detected. Immediately upon exiting the PID, the effluent is swept into the XSD where selective detection of the halogen-containing compounds occurs.
Tandem PID/XSD Capabilities
• Unique tandem design eliminates need for transfer lines and minimizes dead volume.
• Tandem detector design uses only one GC detector port.
• Unique UV lamp Window Sweep™ design minimizes fouling of window surface.
• Exclusive Lampsaver™ circuit turns PID lamp off (if desired) after a specified period when not in use, to extend lamp life.
• High sensitivity with selective detection of halogenated compounds.
• Low maintenance and increased stability and reliability.
• Unique jet design minimizes peak tailing due to unswept dead volumes or transfer lines.
• USEPA Methods 502.1, 502.2, 503.1, 601/602, 8010, 8020, 8021
• Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
• Trihalomethanes (THMs)
• Solvents and hazardous wastes
• Air monitoring
• Sample screening in the laboratory