In-field odour measuring device, allowing users to quantify ambient odour strength in OU/m3
Scentroid’s SM100 portable olfactometer is the world’s most accurate in-field odour measuring device that allows users to accurately quantify ambient odour strength in OU/m3. This revolutionary device offers an easy-to-use and cost effective alternative to estimating odour strength or using expensive odour measuring laboratories. Plus, using the SM100 helps to avoid sample degradation caused by shipping (time, temperature, and pressure) to the nearest lab.
Each SM100 draws a sample of ambient air via Venturi pump and dilutes it using fresh, odourless air from a compressed air tank. The operator uses an adjustable sliding valve to control the ratio of fresh to ambient air, which is then fed through a sliding valve into the PTFE face mask. The valve position indicator displays the sample strength (Dilution to Threshold or OU). The SM100 requires no sample bags, no filters to change, no pumps or other moving parts to maintain. Truly an instrument you can rely on.
Use the SM100 Portable Olfactometer to:
- Perform daily odour assessments and identify their sources
- determine odour mitigation effectiveness
- evaluate the odour emission impact on nearby residents
- monitor emission compliance and conduct N-Butanol screening.
Conduct Odour Measurements From:
- Ambient air without any additional sampling equipment
- smoke stacks or filter inlets directly
- flux chambers
- air samples in PTFE/Tedlar bags.