The Direct Inlet Probe (DIP) opens new fields of application for the for the Agilent 7200 GC/Q-TOF System
Accurate mass information and high mass resolution of the Q-TOF mass analysator also enable the analysis of sensitive samples that are not accessible by GC not even with prior sample preparation.
Besides the ion sources EI and CI, also FI (Field Ionisation), FD (Field Desorption), and LIFDI (Liquid Injection Field Desorption Ionisation) can be combined with the DIP for the 7200 GC/Q-TOF-MS. These soft ionisation techniques, exclusively offered by SIM for this MS, provide molecular ion peaks even of very sensitive analytes (i.e. organometallic complexes).
- direct inlet probe also for low volatile and solid samples
- automatic insertion of the sample into the high vacuum of the ion source (EI/CI), prevents the MS from being vented accidentally
- programmed-temperature vaporization into the ion source to eliminate matrix interferences all benefits of Q-TOF analysis, i. e. accurate mass information and resolution, high sensitivity and MS/MS selectivity
- fast screenings for quality assurance, identification of unknown analytes, analysis of substances in complex matrices
- application range covers food and environmental analysis, metabolomics, analysis of natural substances and so on
- DIP measurement without removal of the GC/Q-TOF interface, enables fast switching between GC/MS and DIP/MS mode
- convenient operation of the system via DIP software (temperature program for push rod heating) and Agilent Mass Hunter Software (spectral data processing)
- complete solutions consisting of the DIP System together with Agilent 7200 GC/Q-TOF and the appropriate software as well as full service provided by a SIM contact person