Internationally the most frequently used PTV-type universal inlet, with patented septumless sampling head.
GERSTEL Cooled Injection System – internationally the most frequently used PTV-type universal inlet, with patented septumless sampling head.
Gas chromatographic analysis is now more versatile, reproducible and has lower detection limits than ever before, thanks to temperature programmed sample injection using GERSTEL Cooled Injection System.
The GERSTEL CIS provides two essential system-functions:
- Universal injection system for all injection techniques: split, splitless, on-column and large-volume up to 1000 µl.
- Cryotrap enrichment system in combination with sample preparation systems, for example, the GERSTEL Thermal Desorption System TDS, the GERSTEL Dynamic Headspace DHS, the GERSTEL Thermal Desorption Unit TDU or the GERSTEL MultiPurpose Sampler MPS.
- The CIS is easily and conveniently controlled from the GERSTEL MAESTRO Software – stand alone or through the Agilent Technologies ChemStation software.
- Multiple cooling options offer optimal adaption to the individual needs.
- Improved quantitation due to controlled evaporation and discrimination free analyte transfer.
- Improved limits of detection, improved identification and improved quantitation through sharper peaks.
- Lower background signal, no septum bleed, improved detection limits thanks to patented Septum-Less Head (SLH).
- Best possible transfer and recovery of thermally labile analytes due to patented heating system and freely programmable heating rates.
- Reliable analysis of samples with high matrix load using Automated Liner EXchange (GERSTEL ALEX).
Automated Liner EXchange ALEX
Improved routine analysis of samples with high levels of involatile compounds, particulates and other solid matrix material
Matrix residue from samples can contaminate a GC inlet liner afterwithin a few runs, leading to peak broadening and loss of analytes through adsorption in the liner. Under such conditions, the analyst is forced to perform frequent liner replacement, an operation which normally requires manual intervention. Running large series of samples will represent a serious challenge.
The GERSTEL Automated Liner EXchance ALEX technology automates the task of replacing liners in the GERSTEL Cooled Injection System CIS. The ALEX system enables fully automated GC analysis of samples with a high matrix load as well as “dirty” extracts, which can be directly injected into the CIS using the GERSTEL MultiPurpose Sampler MPS. Specially designed trays can hold up to 14 or up to 98 CIS 4 liners in individually sealed, contamination-free storage compartments.
In connection with the MPS, the ALEX system enables automated CIS 4 liner exchange at user defined intervals in a sequence.
The GERSTEL MAESTRO-Software provides integrated control of the MPS, ALEX system and CIS. In combination with the Agilent ChemStation, a single method and sequence table control the entire system including GC and MS.