SIFT-MS by Syft is an ideal tool for high-throughput and real-time gas analysis applications.
Selected ion flow tube mass spectrometry (SIFT-MS) is a form of direct mass spectrometry that analyzes trace amounts of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and inorganic gases in air. Real-time, quantitative analysis is achieved by applying precisely controlled soft chemical ionization and eliminating sample preparation, pre-concentration and chromatography.
There are three elements of the SIFT-MS technique:
- Reagent ion generation and selection. The eight SIFT-MS reagent ions – H3O+, NO+, O2+, O–, O2–, OH–, NO2‑, and NO3– – are all formed by microwave discharge through moist or dry air. The reagent ion of choice is then selected using a quadrupole mass filter.
- Analyte ionization. The selected reagent ion is injected into the flow tube and excess energy is removed through collisions with the carrier gas. The sample is then introduced at a known flow rate and the reactive compounds it contains are ionized by the reagent ion to form well-characterized product ions.
- Analyte quantitation. Product ions and unreacted reagent ions are sampled into a second quadrupole mass spectrometer. Utilizing Syft’s compound library, the software instantaneously calculates each analyte’s absolute concentration.
BENEFITS OF SIFT-MS INCLUDE:
- Instantaneous, quantitative analysis of air and headspace with very high sensitivity and selectivity.
- Simultaneous analysis of chemically diverse VOCs (e.g. aldehydes, amines and organosulfurs).
- Direct analysis of high humidity samples.
- Simplicity of operation.
- Simple integration with existing infrastructure.
- Low maintenance and long-term stabilit
Brochure soluzioni dedicate
Real-time GAS and VOC
Ambient Air Analysis using SIFT-MS
Real-Time Ambient Air monitoring
Real-Time Analysis of Automobile Exhaust Emission
Analysis of Vehicle Interior Air Quality VIAQ
High-throughput breath screening
Reproducible Measurement of Acetone in Breath
Mud Logging of Hydrocarbons using SIFT-MS
Correlation of Breath Biomarkers with Current Gold Standards
Continuous Headspace Analysis Using SIFT-MS
High-Throughput Formaldehyde Analysis in Air
Rapid Identification and Quantification of Common Fumigants
Fill out the form to be contacted by the line manager Andrea Carretta